Sarah: So Jeanie, tell us all about Sam’s birthday party. We only came tonight so that you would tell us what happened.
Jeanie: Well, thanks for coming out after work. The coffee’s good here, isn’t it?
Sarah: So tell us about Sam’s party!
Jeanie: Well, you know that Sam usually forgets about birthdays, including his own. So I decided not to remind him so we could have a surprise party for him at his parents. That way things would be easier for his mother. They’ve got a lovely garden, too! I bought all of Sam’s favourite food and I invited all of his friends from work to make the atmosphere livelier. In the afternoon, Sam went to the park with the kids and I stayed at home, pretending to do the usual household chores. As soon as they left I went over to his parent’s house to set things up. The kids usually visit their grandparents on Saturday evening, so I knew that Sam would bring them later. Well, by 7.30 they hadn’t arrived. The guests were invited for 8.00 PM. Suddenly, at about 7.45 we heard a lot of noise. We ran out to the front and there was Sam. He was with the kids and all our friends and neighbours, laughing and shouting. They were holding big signs that read, “Happy Birthday Sam!” – Sam hadn’t forgotten. He had decided to have a surprise party to surprise me because he thought I had forgotten his birthday!”
0 of 1 Domande completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
È necessario innanzitutto completare quanto segue:
0 of 1 Domande answered correctly
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Il tuo punteggio||
- Vocabulary 0%
- Non corretti
Domanda 1 of 1
1. Domanda5 punto(i)Categoria: Vocabulary
Choose the correct words using one of the suggested options: won’t or would, so that or in order to, would or will, can or could.
- It was Sam’s birthday last Saturday, we had the party at his parent’s house so that it be easier for his mum.
- I invited absolutely everyone I could think of so that there be a lively atmosphere.
- As soon as Sam and the kids were out of the house, I rushed over to his parents’ house everything would be ready in time.
- The kids are usually with their grandparents on Saturday night so that Sam and Jeanie spend time together.
- In the end, we had a double party: Sam had also organised a party he could surprise me.