I verbi modali may/may not e might/might not possono significare will perhaps oppure would perhaps quando vengono utilizzati come forme ipotetiche nelle frasi con if. In questo caso, però, si tende a preferire l’uso di might.
Nel filmato sentiamo le seguenti frasi di Mary e di Charlotte:
If he gave you lots of presents, then you might do something in return…
Se ti desse molti regali, poi forse faresti qualcosa in cambio…
If you asked him, he might just tell you.
Se tu glielo chiedessi, forse te lo direbbe.
Lesson 2: May and might
0 of 1 Domande completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
È necessario innanzitutto completare quanto segue:
0 of 1 Domande answered correctly
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Non corretti
Domanda 1 of 1
Riscrivi queste frasi usando might/might not al posto di will/would perhaps (ricordando che potresti usare anche may/may not):
- I thought if I asked, you would perhaps help me solve the problem.
- If you invite her, perhaps she will go out to dinner with you.
- If Ted and Mary come to dinner, perhaps I will cook roast beef.
- If there isn’t a good film on the TV tonight, perhaps I’ll go to the cinema.
- Perhaps I won’t do the exam next week if I don’t feel ready.
- If it doesn’t rain, perhaps I’ll play golf this afternoon.